COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update
We are pleased to announce that we will be open from Thursday 21st May as COVID-19 related restrictions are eased.
Our park offers open outdoor spaces providing an ideal environment for visitors to enjoy themselves while still observing the government COVID-19 guidelines.
The safety of our visitors, staff and animals is important to us and the following practices are in place to ensure your visit is as safe as possible:
- Increase in cleaning of facilities
- We encourage visitors to practise good hand and respiratory hygiene
- Extra hand-sanitiser stations available
- We encourage visitors to observe social distancing and stay apart 1.5 metres wherever possible
- We request visitors do not congregate in groups of more than 10 people
- We will encourage cashless transactions as much as possible
- Pre-purchasing tickets through our website or by phoning us is encouraged
- Limited take-away food will be available and seating at outdoor dining areas will be restricted to 10 people
- Signage is in place to help visitors understand restrictions and advice for their visit
- For the safety of visitors and staff, we request you do not visit us if you feel unwell
- We encourage you to download the official Government COVIDSafe app
We please ask you to be patient with us, as we will have a limited number of people that can enter through our indoor admission area at one time.
Our animal experiences and keeper talks will be unavailable until further notice to ensure we comply with social distancing requirements, but we look forward to introducing these again in the future.
Friends of the Gorge memberships and gift vouchers current as of 26th March 2020 will be extended for the 8-week period that we were temporarily closed.
We thank you for your understanding and we look forward to seeing you again soon.